CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
WELCOME TO CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES CLASS YEAR FOUR
TOPICS FOR FIRST TERM
Week 1 and 2- God speaks to us
- We will be using the case of Eli and Samuel in the bible to explore why God speaks to people.
- Identify the different ways God can speak to us.
- Describe the attitude to display if we want to hear from God
- Explore the importance/benefits of hearing from God
Week 3 and 4- God gives his law to us(The Ten Commandment)
- We will describe a Law and give reasons why we have laws in our society
- Identify reasons why God gives his law to us.
- Explore the ten commandments and their meanings.
- Suggest consequences of not abiding by God’s law and word.
Week 5 and 6- The Bible
- We will discuss what the old and new testament is all about.
- Describe how the books of the bible came about and
- Identify the books into their various groups.
Week 8 and 9 – Prayers
- We will Define Communication
- Discuss why and ways we communicate with our father.
- Classify prayers into their categories.
- Suggest the consequences of not having a personal relationship with God
SECOND TERM TOPICS
Week 1 and 2- LOVE
- Describe love.
- Explore different ways Jesus showed love to people.
- Identify ways we can show love to one another.
Week 3 and 4- THE BEATITUDES
- IDENTIFY THE BEAUTITUDES.
- INTERPRET THE MEANINGS OF THE BEAUTITUDES.
- COLLABORATE TO REWRITE BEAUTITUDES IN INFORMAL LANGUAGE.
Week 5 and 6- PARABLES
- DESCRIBE A PARABLE.
- GIVE REASONS WHY IT WAS IMPORTANT FOR JESUS TO SPEAK IN PARABLES.
- CREATE AND WRITE YOUR OWN PARABLE.
Week 8 and 9- TEMPTATION
- EXAMINE THE MEANING OF JESUS’ TEMPTATION.
- REFLECT ON WAYS TO DEAL WITH PERSONAL TEMPTATION.
- IDENTIFY MOMENTS OF TEMPTATION AND CHRIST CENTERED METHODS OF RESPONDING TO THEM.
Week 10 and 11- ATTITUDE OF CHILDREN TOWARDS THEIR FATHER
- DESCRIBE GOD AS OUR HEAVENLY FATHER.
- IDENTIFY THE ATTITUDE OF GOD’S CHILDREN.
- DISCUSS THE IMPORTANCE OF FORGIVENESS AND LIVING IN PEACE.
WEEK 1-2- THE FRUITS OF THE SPIRIT
WEEK 3-4- RESPECT