Learning about the world around us gives us a bird’s eye view.
Our aim is to take a closer look at the Universe and explore its components. We would identify the individual components and discover the relationship between them. Are there any similarities, what makes them different, where do we fit into it all? We would be looking into this and many more. It is expected that at the end of this course you would be able to write an article for the newspaper or a children’s magazine, describing the universe using illustrations and discussing the effects this has on human existence.
- The Relationship between the Universe, Galaxy, Solar System and the planet Earth
- The Solar System and its components
- The Solar System and the planets
- The Asteroid, ORT belt and the Kuiper Belt
- Gaseous and Terrestrial Planets
- The Atmosphere and the Layers of the Atmosphere, The ozone layer and its effects
- The Solar System and Time Zones – Compare Major time zones with Great Disparities
- The Ocean, Its Major Characteristics and what is on the Ocean Bed.
week 1: Revision
Week 2: The Universe
Week 3: Components of the Solar System
Week 4: The Solar System
Oct.28: Midterm Assessment
Nov 9: Terrestrial and Gaseous Planets
Nov.16:The Asteroid belt Kuiper Belt Oort cloud
Nov.23: Layers of the Earth’s atmosphere
Nov. 10: First Term Exams
Second Term Begins
Week 2: Nigeria's Agricultural Resources
Week 3: Nigeria's Mineral Resources
March 9: Pollution
Second Term Exams
Oceans of the World
The link to the Disaster notes have been added to the platform so check it and join the competition for the class journalist.
Best entries win a spot on the class bulletin Board and broadcast time on the Assembly.
The winner also goes home with a suprise package.
Take time to do your reasearch well.
Your write up should be just a page.
The font to use is Times Roman size 12.
Submission deadline is February 24, 2021.