History Year 7
FIRST TERM TOPICS
1. Introduction to the concept of History
2. Sources of History
3. Importance of History
4. Historical facts about Nigeria
5. Students presentations on Historical Sites in Nigeria
SECOND TERM TOPICS
Historical Sites in Nigeria
- African History and Pre-Colonial Era – Review the kingdoms of Precolonial in East, West, South, Central and North Africa.
- Religion in Nigeria and historical significance of colonialism on religion.
THIRD TERM TOPICS
- Historical sites in Nigeria: Igbo Ukwu Major centralized states in pre-colonial Nigeria. Meaning of centralized state Characteristics of a centralized state.
- Centralized states in pre-colonial Nigeria: Hausa states and Kanem Borno.
- Centralized states in pre-colonial Nigeria: Nupe and Igala kingdom
- Centralized states in pre-colonial Nigeria: Oyo empire and Benin
- Noncentralized states in pre-colonial Nigeria. Meaning on noncentralized states. characteristics of noncentralized states
- Examples of noncentralized states: Urhobo, Ijaw, Tiv, Idoma
- Examples of noncentralized states: Igbo, Oron, Ibibio, and Anang