Developing numeracy skills early gives children a foundation for their learning and development. It prepares them for daily life, including general problem solving and handling money. Maths includes noticing numbers, shapes, patterns, size, time and measurement.
Our aim this session in Early learners two is to explore more skills which will help in developing their understanding of concepts of numbers, counting, solving number problems, measuring, sorting, noticing patterns, adding and subtracting numbers and many more.
At the end of this term, the children will be able to;
- Rote count numbers 1 – 50.
- Identify and recognize numbers 1 – 50.
- Quantify and relate numbers 1 – 10.
- Trace and write numbers 1 – 50.
- Identify and sort shapes according to sizes.
- Order and sequence numbers accordingly.