Understanding the World.
Children learn by using their senses to investigate the world around them. Through investigation children learn how things work, what things do, and why things happen. Children may learn how to keep themselves safe through investigation.
Developing this area of learning enables children to: find out about the world through exploration and a variety of resources, have regular opportunities to learn about different ways of life and to develop caring attitudes.
At the end of this term, the children will be able to;
- Describe food and the three major classes.
- Describe the taste of food.
- List ways of preserving food.
- Explain the five senses.
- List different body parts.
- Define and mention types of family.
- Use magic words appropriately.
- Display proper manners and courtesy.